Friday, July 07, 2006

For My Norwich Peeps...

Analysis of my Site Tracker reveals that the majority of my blog readers are from Norwich. As such, I've decided to write the following:

Top Ten List of things that my Norwich readers like:

10) Firefly and Serenity - "Take me out into the black. Tell 'em I ain't comin' back. Burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me!" Let's all raise a glass to Mal, Zoe, Wash, Kaylee, Jayne, Book, and the Doctor and his crazy sister. We miss you all! Long live the Browncoats!

9) Fight Club - Self enlightenment through self destruction is best done vicariously.

8) The Princess Bride - "You keep on using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

7) X-Men - "Sworn to protect a world that hates them."

6) Carcassonne - Rule 1. Always gang up on Eric!

5) Bloggin' - "I know I'm late to the blog bandwagon, but I figured the world can always use another knitting/craft/inane chatter blog."

4) Fall Out Boy - "I'm going down town... blah, blah, blee, blee, blah, blah..."

3) Dane Cook - "Yeah, just hold on a minute.... Chief!"

2) Karate and Rap Music - Okay, okay... first of all that's two things and secondly, only I like them. But hell, this blog is written by a black man with a black belt, so sue me!

1) Yarn - Knitting vs. drugs. Sometimes it's hard to tell which addiction is more expensive. Then again, when was the last time a crack head knitted you a pair of warm woolly socks?

7 comments:

Wily Jeneric said...

Regarding #1:
A knitter who is also a crack head, duh. The socks may be full of holes, and there may only be one sock, and it might not fit, but it'll still be a sock.

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure almost everything on that list came up in a conversation about sarah and her obsessions. It pretty much went " knitting, xmen,yarn, fightclub ,fightclub, FIREFLY"
Or something like that

Teresa said...

Is it "Gang up on Eric" really the rule in Norwich? WOW, that has to be some rule gang up on someone not playing.

Anonymous said...

oh. my. gosh.
are you serious?
could this really be...
the one and only..
ALI BLOG?!
NOOOO WAYYYY how did i not know!
-hits head-
I mean, my FAVOURITE past-time is knowing this stuff!

haha awesome!
oh yeah, you rock!
and btw!
its new girl, comin' at ya from the web!
so excited!

AKW said...

Response to Ang:

I can't tell you how happy I am that new girl commented on my blog. And she writes in the style of an e.e. cummings poem, too. How kewl is that!?!

Peace out, new girl!

AKW

Wily Jeneric said...

The "gang up on Eric" rule seems pretty extreme, but you must realize Eric is like an Illuminati. If you meet him first, you think he's a nice guy and fall into the trap of making deals and trades with him. And then he crushes you, over and over and over. However, if you know the rule first, you can steal yourself against his wily influences and have a small chance at victory.

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested