Monday, May 15, 2006

Welcome to "True North: Strong and Free"

Hey there, Folks!

My name is Ali, and I would like to welcome you all to my blog. The main purpose is to discuss the trials and tribulations of opening a martial arts studio. I am a second degree black belt in a martial art called Tang Soo Do. Think of it as a more formal version of Tae Kwon Do. I am also an instructor, certified by the World Tang Soo Do Association, which makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. The WTSDA is a great organization with over 500 member studios and over 100,000 members in 36 countries. I hope to be member studio number "501".

This blog will also discuss a variety of other topics as well, including but not limited to movies, comics, climate change, the warped mind of the married man, hand-knitted socks... whatever comes to mind the day I post. I hope to be as funny, brave and candid as Kevin Smith over at his blog. I guess we shall see...

But for now, welcome and enjoy.

Cheers,

Ali

No comments: