Saturday, June 24, 2006

Crunching the Cookies: Self-Defense Pt. II

From the Dictionary of Self-Defense Techniques:

"crunching cookies" - verb: meaning to strike the groin with a short, powerful smack with the back of the hand (see synonym "making crumbs");

"Hand of Glory" - noun: description of a not-so short, even more powerful strike to the groin with the palm of the hand in a motion similar to one would use when playing skee-ball or 5-pin bowling;

What does it fee like getting backhanded in the groin?

Funny enough, not as bad as you would think, at least in this case. Oh, don't get me wrong, it ain't as fun as discovering cherries are on sale for $1.99 per pound at the local supermarket, but... Master Robinson pulled back on the force of the strike and I was able to mentally prepare because I was expecting it.

What I wasn't expecting though was the following maneuvers. Master Robinson tourqed my wrist 180 degrees, so my pinky finger is pointing to the sky. He follows up by a very judicious knife-hand to the nerve cluster at the base of my right tricep. Ever hit the funny bone on your elbow? That's what it feels like, except Master Robinson is grinding on that cluster. He's like Lionel Hampton playing "Flying Home" on that one particular pressure point. At the same time he's trying very hard to bend my wrist and elbow in a very unnatural direction.

The sensation is quite arresting.

This is what we mean by "self-defense".

To be continued...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested