Sunday, August 20, 2006

All Time Best Pop Quiz

Proving I have no original thoughts, I've decided to steal Jenni's idea at create this pop quiz (except for some reason, mine is not funny). The quiz subjects will be based on the books and movies listed in my "All Time Best" list (except for one or two exceptions). I thought of awarding a prize for the person who posts the most correct replies, but decided that would take too much work. Winners will just have to be satisfied with the knowledge that they are just a nerdy as I am.

1) Roland the Gunslinger from the Dark Tower is armed with a mystical set of pistols, with specially made grips. What wood are the grips made out of:

a) ironwood
b) ghostwood
c) mahogany
d) sandalwood

2) Ang Lee, director of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, made all of the following films except:

a) Hulk
b) Brokeback Mountain
c) The Remains of the Day
d) The House of Flying Daggers

3) Way back before he played Morpheus in the Matrix movies, a then 14-year old Laurence Fishburne lied about his age in order to get a role in which one of the following movies:

a) The Godfather
b) Apocalypse Now
c) Shaft
d) Mother, Jugs and Speed

4) The 5 Deadly Venoms are:

a) toad, snake, amphibian, caterpillar, platypus
b) snake, centipede, lizard, scorpion, toad
c) black mamba, california mountain snake, cobra, sidewinder, cottonmouth
d) asp, stingray, stone fish, salamander, jellyfish

5) Nerd Bonus!!! Speaking of venom, the Kagero, the female ninja in Ninja Scrolls has the following very special power:

a) her years as a royal poison taster makes her lethal to the touch
b) she can mentally control poisonous snakes
c) she throws poison tipped ninja stars
d) she can magically disperse drug-laced rose pollen
e) none of the above
f) both a and b
g) all of the above
h) both a and d
i) both a and c

6) In Battle Royal, Shuya Nanahara, the hero of the movie is assigned crappy weapon in his pack. The weapon is:

a) a pot lid
b) a police whistle
c) a megaphone
d) a flashlight

7) In Karate Kid, the motto of the Cobra Kai is:

a) "Shoot to kill!"
b) "In space, no one can hear you scream!"
c) "Never get into a land war in Asia!"
d) "Strike first, strike hard, no mercy, sir!"

8) Which famous line is from the movie, The Princess Bride:

a) "Sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I wouldn't know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy @$#&!"
b) "It is conceivable, you miserable vomitous mass, that I'm only lying here because I lack the strength to stand."
c) "I might never have liked you. Point in fact, I despise you. But that doesn't suggest I don't respect you."
d) "If you wanna know something he won't tell ya, cut off one of his fingers. The little one. Then tell him his thumb is next."

9) Which name is NOT a character in The Watchmen:

a) Captain Canuck
b) The Nite Owl
c) The Silk Spectre
d) The Comedian

10) Extra Special Nerd Bonus: In Clerk's II, what is the name of Elias's girlfriend's "mouth-troll".

a) Hailey-tosis
b) Molar-Ram
c) Lister-fiend
d) Samwise Gum-gee

Extra, extra bonus word scramble: IAL SI A RNDE

3 comments:

Wily Jeneric said...

Even though you didn't take my quiz, I'll attempt yours - it will be funny, since I am not familiar with most of the ATB (all time best) that you mention. Here goes!
1. a
2. c
3. b
4. b
5. a
6. c
7. d
8. b
9. a
10. c
Bonus: Ali is a nerd.

Wily Jeneric said...

Hey, I completed the quiz yesterday! Did you take down my answers? Fiend!

Teresa said...

I can answer the bonus question and that is about it.