Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Mmmmeltdooowns!

This past summer has been great for watching aging movie stars meltdown. Mel Gibson, man! Cheeses-peeezes what where you thinking? I guess you were thinking: "It's time to go on a booze-fueled and bigotry bender!" It's quite obvious you weren't thinking "What would Jesus do?"

Now I've got to admit a bit of guilt, here. As horrible as Mel Gibson's comments were to the Jewish community, and as pathetic as his apology was, there is one little event that fateful night, that gives me and my friend Mike Wex the giggles whenever we mention it. We cackle like a pair of Gollums. To me, it's evidence of how horror and comedy are so closely linked.

Apparently as Mel Gibson was being booked, for a night in the drunk tank by a female police officer (after being restrained from urinating on the floor), he said to her, and I quote: "What do you think you're looking at, sugartits?"

"Sugartits"?

.... the man said "sugartits"?

The arrogance in that one sentence is astounding. I guess I really shouldn't be appalled that a man who thinks Jews are behind all wars also thinks it's okay to call a peace officer a really disparaging name. But I will give the man his due. He is a very creative person. After all, who amongst us here, in the midst of being arrested, would even think of string the words "sugar" and the word "tits", and then using that word in reference to the officer who was currently processing us for a night in the tank.

Yes, my friends, Mel Gibson may be a stupid, ignorant, mysoginistic, racist, MF'er...

...I guess that sentence was finished after all.

1 comment:

Wily Jeneric said...

Mm. Meltdowns. I love how Hollywood is imploding and I take glee in Mr. Gibson's slip. I know, I know. WWJD. Certainly not what Mel did!

On the spaming - if you enable comment verification, that will cut down on the spam.