Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Quiz answers

1) "d", sandalwood

2) both "c" and "d" were wrong. my bad. The Remains of the Day was directed by James Ivory, based on the novel by Kazuo Ishiguro, who also wrote Never Let Me Go.

3) "Fish" lied to get a role in Apocalypse Now, a movie with a shooting schedule so long that he practically came of age during production. Useless fact #1: Did you know that Marlon Brando was so unprepared for the movie that director Francis Ford Coppola had to read Heart of Darkness out loud to him in between takes? Useless fact #2: someone should do a film class on the similarities between Apocalypse Now and The Wizard of Oz.

4) "b" is the right answer. Answer "c" is the code names of the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad from Kill Bill (visit link to read the kick ass uncut original screenplay).

5) the correct answer is "h". The pollen thing sure came in handy when she was attacked by a swarm of semi-sentient wasps, let me tell you...

6) "a" pot-lid is correct. Ang shoulda got that one. You're slippin' New Girl!

7) "d" is the correct answer. It's also something I say just before Teresa and I get freaky.... Noooch!

8) "b" is the correct answer. All other lines were from Quentin Tarantino movies.

9) "a" is correct. Captain Canuck is a sorely underrated and rarely used hero. Frank Miller should do a dark and gritty retelling of the origin story a la Dark Night Returns.

10) "c" is correct. I'm still laughing just thinkin of that scene. I wonder how Jenni got that one correct.... hmmm...?

Word scramble. Any one who got that one right can kiss my grits! NOOOOCH!

And the official winner (wiener?) of the first ever All Time Best Quiz is Jenni, who got seven out of ten.

1 comment:

Wily Jeneric said...

How did I do so well? I'm an Ali stalker and I do and see everything he says! Duh.

Or I cheat. You know, the power of google and all... ;) But some of the answers I really did know (karate kid, Watchmen, Princess Bride, etc).