Saturday, July 21, 2007

Harry Pottter Blog - Chapters 16 to 31

WARNING, SPOILERS MAY FOLLOW




















The endgame is afoot, and the Battle for Hogwarts is underway. The last fifteen chapters are pretty harrowing, and our gang takes some major casualties. At the same time the deus ex machina clanks along at key moments to save our heros.

I wonder who made the doe Patronus? The romantic in me would guess Ginny, but that does not jive with the facts.

More and more you hear about Snape, the more you wonder his motives. I'm sure that Rowling has some kind of twist planned for the character, but I'm thinking he's pretty much a total ass.

I'm pretty pleased that Nevill turned so bad-ass! I haven't seen a transformation like that since... oh, say Westley-Wydham Price in Angel. And man, I do love a good rally scene before a major battle. Some long lost friends show up to support Harry as he tries to complete his last desperate task.

If I had to critique, I'd say that the action scenes are starting to get confusing. It's hard to tell who's doing what to who. And I sure the hell am tired of Crabbe and Goyle. Never liked them, and never considered them a threat.

It's 9:34 PM and I've been reading since oh, about 1:30. That means I've been reading twelve out of the last 20 hours. Teresa has custody of the book right now, but she'll be going to bed soon. I reckon I can actually finish withing 24 hrs after all.

No comments: